I don't like this, but since I might want to monetize this in the future here it is. Using [Wordpress](https://wordpress.com/)' Legal documents which are shared under the [Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0](https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/).
## Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use any of our services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Francisco, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Our Services are not directed to children younger than 13, and access and use of our Services is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
- Your Francisco.io Account and Website. If you use any website created by Francisco, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify Francisco of any unauthorized uses of your account, or any other breaches of security. Francisco will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate Services or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using our Services, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these terms or the User Guidelines. By submitting Content to Francisco for inclusion on your website, you grant Francisco a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your blog. This license allows Francisco to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by Francisco (through Anchor, for example) so that these third parties can analyze, distribute and resell your content through their services. You also give other Francisco users permission to share your Content on other Francisco websites and add their own Content to it. If you delete Content, Francisco will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Francisco, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Francisco has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Francisco’s sole discretion, (i) reclaim your username or website’s URL due to prolonged inactivity, (ii) refuse or remove any content that, in Francisco’s reasonable opinion, violates any Francisco policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of Francisco to any individual or entity for any reason. Francisco will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Web Traffic. We use a third party, Google, Inc. (“Google), to measure Francisco’s audience and usage. By hosting your site on Francisco, you agree to assign the traffic relating to your website to Francisco and authorize us to sign a Traffic Assignment Letter on your behalf for Google audience measurement reports. Your website’s traffic will be included under Francisco. You understand that your website will not receive credit for traffic in these reports, and you must not assign your website’s traffic to any other party. If we or Google require additional documentation to verify ownership of your website or domain name, you agree to make reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests.
- Advertisements. Francisco reserves the right to display advertisements on your Content.
- Attribution. Francisco reserves the right to display attribution text or links in your site footer or toolbar, attributing Francisco or the theme author, for example. The toolbar may not be altered or removed.
- Payment and Renewal. Optional paid services such as extra material or domain purchases are available (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay Francisco the stipulated subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service.
### Responsibility of Visitors
Francisco has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Francisco does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Francisco disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
### Content Posted on Other Websites
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Francisco links, and that link to Francisco. Francisco does not have any control over those non-Francisco websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Francisco website, Francisco does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Francisco disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Francisco websites and webpages.
### Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy
As Francisco asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Francisco violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Francisco in accordance with Francisco’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Francisco will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Francisco will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Francisco or others. In the case of such termination, Francisco will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Francisco.
### Intellectual Property
This Agreement does not transfer from Francisco to you any Francisco or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Francisco. Francisco, WordPress, Francisco, the Francisco logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Francisco or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Francisco or Francisco’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Francisco or third-party trademarks.
### Domain Names
We act as a registrar and also work with third party registrars in order to provide our users with domain name services. When you register a domain name on Francisco, or when you renew or transfer an existing domain name on Francisco, you become bound by the relevant registrar’s terms and conditions, either the Francisco Domain Name Registration Agreement, Tucows Domain Inc. Registration Agreement, or this Domain Name Registration Agreement, in addition to these Terms. Which registrar terms apply depends on the TLD you choose, and in some cases, the date you register your domain, so please see this page to determine which agreement(s) apply to you. These registrar terms are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
Further, your use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”). A summary of your rights and responsibilities as a domain name registrant under ICANN’s 2009 Registrar Accreditation Agreement can be found here. You can learn more about domain name registration generally here.
### G Suite
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting a commit to Francisco's Github account terms. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
Francisco may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Francisco account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
### Disclaimer of Warranties
Our Services are provided “as is.” Francisco and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Francisco nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
### Limitation of Liability
In no event will Francisco, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Francisco under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Francisco shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
### General Representation and Warranty
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Francisco, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Francisco and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Francisco, or by the posting by Francisco of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of the state of London, UK, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be London, UK.
Francisco IO Limited (“Francisco”) operates several websites including but not limited to francisco.io, anchor.science and comments.network. It is Francisco’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
### Website Visitors
Like most website operators, Francisco collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Francisco’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Francisco’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Francisco may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Francisco also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on Francisco blogs. Francisco only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
### Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Francisco’s websites choose to interact with Francisco in ways that require Francisco to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Francisco gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who add a dataset to Anchor to provide the name and email address. In each case, Francisco collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Francisco. Francisco does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
### Aggregated Statistics
Francisco may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Francisco may monitor the most popular datasets on the Anchor site or use spam screeners to help identify spam. Francisco may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Francisco does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
### Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Francisco discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Francisco’s behalf or to provide services available at Francisco’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Francisco’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Francisco will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Francisco discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Francisco believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Francisco, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Francisco website and have supplied your email address, Francisco may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Francisco and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Francisco takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
### Business Transfers
If Francisco, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Francisco goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Francisco may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.